Comments must be submitted by 5:00 PM tomorrow, Thursday November 16!
The City is proposing to change the Land Use Code to remove barriers to the creation of Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) in single-family zones. The proposal allows for two ADUs instead of one per lot, removes existing off-street parking and owner-occupancy requirements, and changes development standards that regulate the size and location of detached units (DADUs).
We urge you to express your concerns regarding what issues the City should study in the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). Your comments may address these topics:
- The objectives for this proposal are not clear. Better objectives might be more affordable housing, more family housing, preservation of tree canopy and yards, and development compatible with existing single-family housing.
- Only one alternative is presented for this proposal. At least two alternatives to accomplish the objective are required. You may suggest alternatives to be studied.
- The impacts of this proposal on neighborhoods, public services, and natural resources.
- Measures to avoid, minimize, and mitigate the effects of this proposal.
Comments must be submitted by 5:00 PM on November 16 by:
- Email messages to ADUEIS@seattle.gov.
- The on-line comment form at http://www.seattle.gov/council/adu-eis#comment.
Further information is available at the City’s Accessory Dwelling Units EIS website. The City will produce a Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS). When the DEIS is released, you will then have a chance to comment on the specific conclusions in that document.