Public Hearing Regarding Rezones to Implement Mandatory Housing Affordability (MHA) Requirements
The second of six Public Hearings. The first hearing focused on District 4. This hearing will focus on Districts 5 and 6. Wallingford is in both District 4 (City Councilmember Rob Johnson) and District 6 (City Councilmember Mike O’Brien).
Many parcels in Wallingford would change from Single-Family to Lowrise 1, Lowrise 2, or even Lowrise 3 zoning. Testify – Be heard & be seen to let the City Council know of your concerns!
Monday March 12, 2018, 6:00 PM
Northgate Community Center (Multi-Purpose Room)
10510 5th Ave NE.
For those who wish to testify, sign-up sheets will be available starting at 5:30 PM. Get in line early in case there is a crowd.
- Alter the Urban Village boundaries to spare 700 Single-Family homes from being upzoned to multi-family. (checkout decoration ideas for your home) Wallingford will still meet the City’s affordable housing goal for our neighborhood with those altered Urban Village boundaries.
- Prevent massive developments next to houses. Many of the up-zones change building heights from three stories up to five stories!
- Require setbacks and step-downs to preserve yards, trees, and daylight.
- Require on-site parking.
- Require affordable housing units to be built on-site.
- Require true family housing in all zone definitions. Add density limits back to the zone definitions so that two-, three-, and four-bedroom units are built throughout the neighborhood.
- Increase mixed-income housing development in Wallingford.
- Protect our local small businesses. Require affordable leases in new buildings.
- Require the City to track displacement of low- and middle-income residents, and small businesses.
- Impose Impact Fees now to fund schools, parks, roads, and public safety!
District 5 includes all or portions of the Bitter Lake, Haller Lake, Cedar Park, Chelsea, Lake City, Morningside, North Park, Northgate, Maple Leaf, and Wedgwood neighborhoods. District 6 includes all or portions of the Ballard, Crown Hill, Fremont, Green Lake, Greenwood, North Beach, Phinney Ridge, and Wallingford neighborhoods.