WallHALA (Wallingford’s Housing Affordability and Livability Agenda) is a committee of the Wallingford Community Council concerned with City of Seattle proposals for the Seattle 2035 Comprehensive Plan revisions, the Housing Affordability and Livability Agenda (HALA), and the revisions of rules for Backyard Cottages.
- Calls to Action
- Dates of Note
- Seattle 2035 / HALA Links
- Wallingford Neighborhood Plan
- Contacting City Officials
- Other Resources
- Related Maps
Calls to Action
Draft Zoning Changes for Urban Villages
Maps of the draft zoning changes for Urban Villages are available at HALA Consider It. (The maps are large and take a while to show up.) Each map shows possible zoning changes necessary to implement Mandatory Housing Affordability (MHA) in a specific neighborhood. Maps for Wallingford and Fremont are also available here:
Mandatory Housing Affordability (MHA)
See the Mandatory Housing Affordability (MHA) page for an explanation of the proposed MHA zoning changes, and examples of the buildings allowed.
The Mayor and seven City Council members have announced the Performance and Payment Requirements for the MHA program. This document explains the M, M1, and M2 designations, and includes a map for where the different performance requirements apply.
Dates of Note
- Members: Tim Burgess (Chair), Lisa Herbold, Rob Johnson, Mike O’Brien (alternate)
- Meetings are 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at 9:30 AM
- Members: Rob Johnson (Chair), Lisa Herbold, Mike O’Brien, Lorena González (alternate)
- Meetings are 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, 9:30 AM
- HALA Timeline
- Seattle 2035 Comprehensive Plan
- Seattle 2035 Comprehensive Plan and HALA (PDF)
- The Mayor’s Recommended Plan was released May 3, 2016, It is to be followed by a City Council review and a public hearing in mid-2016, and the Mayor expects adoption of the plan by City Council in late-2016. According to Mayor Murray, there will continue to be opportunities for public involvement throughout 2016, including outreach activities around Urban Village boundaries and proposed zoning changes.
Seattle 2035 / HALA Links
- Seattle 2035
- HALA (original recommendations from HALA committee)
- HALA Work Program adopted by City Council
(HALA recommendations that are moving forward)
Wallingford Neighborhood Plan
Link to the current Neighborhood Plan for Wallingford.
Solutions to Seattle’s Housing Emergency, recommendations from the Community Housing Caucus.
A memorandum prepared for use by the CNC’s Neighborhood Planning and Land Use Committee in reviewing the 2035 Comprehensive Plan proposal. Does not cite all changes which will impact Seattle, but just those deemed most significant.
Seattle 2035 Comprehensive Plan: Draft Urban Village Maps