Saturday July 14, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
From Meridian Park on Bagley Ave N to N 45th Street, then on N 45th Street to Interlake Ave N
Be French for a Day! Celebrate Bastille Day! Join the Wallingford neighborhood for the 69th Family Parade. Details for viewing, marching, and volunteering are at Celebrate Wallingford.
Location: Room 202 of the Good Shepherd Center, 4659 Sunnyside Ave N.
7:00 PM – Welcome / Call to Order.
Approval of Minutes.
Annual Meeting Election Results.
Committees for 2017-2018.
The Ship Canal Water Quality Project – Jenna Rahm and Alex Mockos, Seattle Public Utilities.
Save Evans Pool and Greenlake Community Center – Susan Helf.
Wallingford Find It, Fix It Walk – Report by Lemmis Stephens III and Paige Madden.
Good of the Order (anything people want to bring up).
- The Monthly Meeting on July 5 is cancelled! The next Monthly Meeting will be Wednesday August 2.
- The Wallingford Family Parade is Saturday July 8 at 11 AM.
- Your Voice, Your Choice: Parks & Streets. The Seattle Department of Neighborhoods asks that you vote between June 3 – 30 for small-scale park and street improvements. Age 11 & older can vote.
- Congestion is expected near Husky Stadium for the University of Washington Commencement on Saturday June 10, 12:30 – 4:30 PM.
- The WallHALA committee will meet on Tuesday June 20.
9:00 PM – Adjourn.
The Wallingford Family Parade offers lots of fun stuff for kids, families and everyone else! All are welcome to march in the parade, dress up, pull a wagon or ride a bike. Attractions include drill teams, clowns, bands, trophies and a scavenger hunt with prizes. Hundreds of people line the street of the historic Wallingford district to watch the parade.
The parade starts at 11am at the corner of Interlake Ave N and N 45th Street, goes east along N 45th Street, and ends at Bagley Ave N.
After the parade, kids are invited to participate in a “hide and seek” game at local businesses along N 45th Street.
See Visit Wallingford for details.