Meet the Candidates for City Council
- District 4 candidates: Alex Pedersen and Shaun Scott.
- District 6 candidates: Due to a conflicting District 6 forum hosted by the Ballard District Council, candidates (Heidi Wills and Dan Strauss) are unable to attend. However, both candidates are sending a surrogate to represent them.
- Candidates (and surrogates) will answer questions from 7 PM to 8 PM.
- Questions will be submitted by the Wallingford Community Council (WCC) Board and from members of the audience.
- Welcome and Call to Order.
- City Council Candidate Forum, 7 – 8 PM.
- Committee reports.
- The next Monthly Meeting will be Wednesday November 6, 7 PM.
- Wednesday October 9, 7:00 PM — A King County District 4 Council Forum hosted by the Sunset Hill Community Club. Meet current Councilmember Jeanne Kohl-Welles and challenger Abigail Doerr. (Note: The County District 4 boundaries are very different from the City District 4 boundaries. Wallingford is in both districts).
- Tuesday November 5 — Election Day! Let’s Get Out the Vote! The General Election Registration Deadline is October 28. To register to vote, visit here.
- The WCC is looking for volunteers to help write and prepare an Engagement Survey – please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested with “Survey” as the subject.
- The Shorelines Committee is looking for volunteers to prepare a proposal to improve Waterway 16 (south end of 2nd Ave NE) to create a community gem that affords the public a lovely place to access Lake Union. Please email email@example.com if interested with “Waterway 16” as the subject.
- Historic Wallingford —Remodel & Restore Workshop and Home Tour. Saturday September 21, 10:00 AM, in Room 202 of the Good Shepherd Center.
- Good of the Order (anything people want to bring up).
First posted Wednesday September 18, 2019 at 2:48 PM.